I wasn’t there for this one, and I haven’t had a chance to try it, but Holley was SUPER excited when she was telling me about the Paleo Orange Blossom Strawberry Ice Cream! I think she wet herself a little while telling me about it.
You know what’s great about this recipe? You can make it without an ice cream maker! Because the last thing anyone needs is ANOTHER kitchen appliance.
The orange blossom water was something she found at an Asian Market. Unfortunately I don’t know anything more than that (giving Holley a hand while she takes some time to visit family), so if you want to know more you’ll have to ask her in the comments below.
I don’t have any incredible stories to tell you about today, but I did come across one of the hottest music videos yesterday. Tell me this wouldn’t be an amazing date! Don’t get me wrong, I’d totally have my ass handed to me, but I’m ok with that! Looks like a sexy cross-fit date, am I right? What do you think?
Follow that up with some strawberry ice cream before bed? Boo-yah!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water**
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour coconut milk into it.
- Add strawberries and place in the freezer. Leave in there until frozen, 4-8 hours depending on your freezer.
- Remove parchment paper from the baking sheet and break up the coconut milk into chunks and shards. Put in a food processor or blender, pulse.
- Add maple syrup and orange blossom water (see below), continue to pulse until it takes on a fine blend.
- Blend on low until it reaches the desired smooth ice cream texture.
- Add salt and pulse a few more times.
- Scoop and serve.
**no orange blossom water? chilled tea, or plain water should work.