A crazy good holiday dish that is simple and easy to make. Instant Pot Holiday Brussels Sprouts come together quick and free-up a stovetop burner!
Holiday season is here! This is exciting stuff, mint, chocolate, eggnog, baked goods, twinkling lights and spending time with friends and family. Hopefully at least; although the holidays can be stressful! This Instant Pot holiday brussels sprouts recipe is easy as pie. Ohh, I forgot about the amazing holiday pies! Who forgets about pie??
I can't take credit for the genius behind this recipe, you have met Raj's sister Devi with her Pho Bone Broth recipe. This beauty was a stove top dealy-bob of her creation for Canadian Thanksgiving, months ago now, in October. I seriously couldn't get enough, I always love Brussels but the smokey bacon, and the tart balsamic… orgasmic. The Instant Pot twist came about because sometimes I am lazy. True story. And my dishwasher sucks, so I use my Instant Pot to avoid dirtying more dishes.
How will you be spending your weekend? Laying low? Big family dinners? Watching the newly released Netflicks exclusive Gilmore Girls special? I have been marathoning old episodes on Netflicks. Gilmore Girls while I cook, in the bath, laying in bed, or last night in the middle of the night while I couldn't sleep cozy on my sofa. I had never seen a single episode of Gilmore Girls before this year. I went in search as to why. It aired between 2000 and 2007, when I wasn't watching much TV. I was busy dancing in cages and watching sporting events with my boyfriend- no time for Gilmore Girls!
I will be making up for my misspent youth by watching Gilmore Girls all weekend and going to bed by 10pm. Oh how times have changed! On Sunday Raj and I are hosting a short Facebook-Live event. We recently signed on with Beautycounter and are excited to tell you more about the company and why we like what they're doing. We would LOVE to have you join us! Raj wrote a great article about skin products in our new and improved “Words Words Words” section. Happy Holidays to those of you celebrating, and happy weekend to the rest of you!
- 5 slices of bacon chopped up
- 6 cups brussels sprouts chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese (optional)
- Press the "Saute" button on the Instant pot.
- Add the chopped bacon sauteing the bacon until the desired crispiness is achieved.
- Add the chopped brussels sprouts, and stir to coat with that delicious bacon fat.
- Add water and sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover.
- Stir every few minutes and replace the lid, approx 4-6 minutes, then continue to saute uncovered until the Brussels crisp up.
- Transfer to a serving dish, topping with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, and the crumbled goat cheese (optional)