There’s a new Instant Pot?!
Yes. The Instant Pot Ultra is now available. You are already familiar with the Instant Pot Duo, so why would you want the Instant Pot Ultra? Read on, or watch this video:
*Instant Pot provided us with an Instant Pot Ultra to review, and as always, all opinions expressed here are our own, We’re not going to lie to you. You’re good people and we like that about you!
What’s new with the Instant Pot Ultra Electric Pressure Cooker?
- More presets!
- Sterilize – Pasteurize milk, sterilize utensils, bottles, etc.
- “Ultra” – The Ultra setting allows for full customization and you can use it as a form of sous vide! Accurate to +/- 5°F or 3°C. This isn’t as accurate as a typical sous vide circulator, but it gets you close. (For more on sous vides, including the Instant Pot ACCU SV800, read here.)
- More presets!
- New attractive design!
- Large blue LCD display – It’s attractive and has some new features including a visual to let you know what point of pressurizing, cooking, or pressure releasing you are currently experiencing.
- Central dial – Easy to use.
- Different interface – It’s still super easy, but like changing from an iPhone to an Android (why haven’t you done that yet?!), it’s going to take a little getting used to.
- It’s “Smart” – It remembers your previous cooking customizations.
- Turn Warming setting on/off
- Turn Sounds on/off
- Easier safe steam release button
- Pressure Float Valve position – the silver button at the top now starts being flush with the plastic, and then pops up when under pressure – this way you can see that it’s at pressure anywhere in the kitchen
What’s the same?
- 6 Qt liner
- Stainless steel liner, steam rack, and lid
- food grade
- no chemical coatings
- Dishwasher safe liner and rack
- Sound indicators
- Delay option
- Settings that you are already familiar with:
- Pressure Cook – This is the same as the Manual setting on the other models.
- Steam – Holley often uses this to warm leftovers instead of using the microwave!
- Slow Cook – Does anyone still use slow cooking now that you can do everything faster with pressure cooking?
- Saute – Super important feature and so helpful in being able to use one pot to prepare a meal!
- Yogurt – You haven’t tried our super-popular dairy-free coconut yogurt yet?! What are you waiting for?
As always, you should read the user manual prior to using (for basics, for insider tips, and for safety). In fact, you should read it while you’re waiting for your unit to arrive, so check it out here.
Remember that Facebook group I mentioned? Go join now (you’ll probably want to turn off the notifications for that group – there are about a billion active users in there…).
Check out our Instant Pot recipes and resources.